Built in 1927 and dedicated in 1928, the Holy Rosary Church in Baltimore is of Romanesque design and constructed of woodstock granite. It was featured in architectural magazines of the day because of the steel arches used in the ceiling, which allowed for no pillars to hold up the roof, making the marble-carved altar the main focus of attention.
In 1993, Holy Rosary church was designated as the Archdiocesan Shrine of Divine Mercy. When the parish decided in 2011 to install signage on the front of the nearly century-old building, they contacted Northeaster Signs. Working closely with the client, and with great sensitivity to the existing architecture, with historic preservation in mind, Northeaster fabricated and installed 12-in tall, prismatic face-cast bronze letters in Trajan Bold type, using stainless steel projection hardware.